1. Information We Collect.
1.1. User-Provided Information. You may provide us with personal information (including but not limited to: (i) your first and last name, (ii) your date of birth and age, (iii) photographs of you (including photographs you delete from the Service), (iv) copies of your government-issued identification, (v) your e-mail address and telephone number, (vi) your login credentials for various social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.), (vii) your credit card, bank, or other financial information, (viii) your IP address(es) (as described further in Section 1.3 below), (ix) your mailing address, (x) your activities related to the Service (as defined below), and (xi) your Viemate username, password, messages, and any other content related to the Service, published or unpublished) if you register for a member account on our website or via our mobile applications (together, the “Site,” which forms part of the “Service,” as defined in the TOS) (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to the Service, etc., on a third party website or network). In making your decision whether to provide personal information, you should be aware of the general risks of transmitting information over the Internet. While we attempt to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing or tampering with the Service, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will be successful.
If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through the Site. You may provide us information in any content you post to or on the Site.
1.3. Log File Information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Site, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
1.4. Clear Gifs Information. When you use the Site, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make the Site better for our Users.
1.5. Third Party Services. We may use third party analytics services to help understand use of the Site. These services collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address, and their use of such information is governed by their respective privacy policies.
2. How We Use Your Information. We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
2.1. E-Mail. By providing your email address to us (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to the Service, etc., on a third party website or network), you consent to our using the email address you provide to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also agree that we may send you notifications of activity on the Site to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers.
If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt out or change your email preferences by emailing us via the link provided at: http://www.viemate.com/contact_us. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or offers. You may not opt out of Service-related emails.
2.2. Address; Telephone. By providing your mailing address and telephone number to us, you consent to our contacting you at the address and telephone number you provide regarding your account or your use of the Service.
2.3. Photographs. By providing photographs of you to us, you consent to our use of such photographs in providing the Service to you and other Users, including for promotional and advertisement purposes in print, electronic and other media.
2.4. Social Media. By providing your social media account information (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google) to us, you consent to our linking your social media accounts to your Viemate activities, including but not limited to cross-posting messages and other references to Viemate via your social media accounts.
2.5. Financial Information. By providing your financial information (e.g., credit card numbers, bank account information, etc.) to us, you consent to our disclosure of such financial information to other third parties (e.g., banks, payment processors) in order to provide the Service to you and other Users with whom you interact.
2.6. Retention. Following termination or deactivation of your user account, we may retain your profile information and any User Content submitted by you for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including User Content) contained in your communications to other Users or posted to the public areas of the Site after termination or deactivation of your account.
2.7. Invitation. If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to Viemate, we will ask you for that person's email address and automatically send an email invitation. We store this information to send this email, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database via the link provided at http://www.viemate.com/contact_us.
2.8. Others. We may use certain information about you and/or your User Content internally for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor the information and materials you post on the Site.
3. How We Share Your Information.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, bankruptcy, or dissolution.
Any personal information or User Content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Site becomes available to the public. If you remove information that you posted to the Site, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities (“Promotions”) on the Site together with a third party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you give them permission to use it for the purpose of that Promotion and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Promotions.
3.2. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns on the Site.
4. How We Protect Your Information. We care about the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that your information on the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of our distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us, at all times.
6. Your Choices About Your Information. You may decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Site, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account. When a request for user deletion is received, we will make all reasonable efforts to purge said data from our systems. However, due to the nature of the Service, some information may not be fully removed due to backups or archived copies.
7. Children’s Privacy. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for a user account. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to us or on the Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us via the link provided at: http://www.viemate.com/contact_us.
11. California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice. On September 27, 2013, California enacted A.B. 370, amending the California Online Privacy Protection Act to require website operators like us to disclose how we respond to “Do Not Track Signals”; and whether third parties collect personally identifiable information about Users when they visit us.
(1) We do not track Users, who do not interact with its sharing functionality across the web, and therefore do not use “do not track” signals.
(2) We do not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from our Users for third party use through advertising technologies without separate User consent.
12. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 also permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the link provided at: http://www.viemate.com/contact_us. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.